International College of Applied Kinesiology Board Members
The ICAK is a non profit inter-professional organization dedicated to advance manual muscle testing as a system of diagnosis for evaluating areas of dysfunction within the body.
George J. Goodheart, Jr., DC first observed that postural distortion was associated with weak muscles in 1964. Muscles in spasm were found to be the effect of under-active opposite muscles. Goodheart found that appropriate treatment would strengthen muscle weakness and conversely reduce the muscle spasm. Postural balance was the result.
Interest in Goodheart's work grew. In 1976 the ICAK was founded.
The purpose of the ICAK is to promote research and the teaching of AK manual muscle testing.
ICAK is dedicated to bringing together doctors and students with a common interest in manual muscle testing as a diagnostic system.
PAST CHAIRMEN OF I.C.A.K.
- George J. Goodheart Jr.- Founder
- John Thie, D.C. – 1973 to 1976
- Bert Hanicke, D.C. – 1976 to 1978
- Sheldon Deal, D.C. – 1978 to 1983
- Walter Gunn, D.C. – 1983 to 1985
- Robert Blaich, D.C. – 1985 to 1989
- Avery Ferentz, DC – 1989 to1991
- Joe Schaeffer, DC – 1991 to 1993
- Michael Allen, DC – 1993 to 1995
- Robert Blaich, DC- 1995 to 1999
- Eric Pierotti, DC – 1999 to 2008
- John Wittle, DC – 2008 to present
ICAK Around the World
- AK in Austria
- AK in Benelux
- AK in Brazil
- AK in Canada
- DAGAK in Germany
- AK in Korea
- AK in UK
- AK in Italy
The ICAK has three Boards that cover various aspects. The boards are:
- International Board of Standards and Research
- International Education Council
- International Board of Examiners
ICAK-USA Board of Directors - USA Chapter of the ICAK
R. Thomas Roselle, DC, PAc, PAK, DCCN, DCBCN - Chairman
8550 Arlington Blvd., Suite 325
Fairfax, VA 22031
Cari Jacobson, DC, CLP - V. Chairman
1249 Waekegan Road
Glenview, IL 60025
Michael Lebowitz, DC - Secretary
2550 I Rd.
Grand Junction, CO 81506
Richard Caskey, DC, DIBAK, DACBN, CCN - Treasurer
819 Straits Tnpk.
Middlebury, CT 06762
David Renner, DC, DIBAK - Member-At-Large
800 Roosevelt Rd, Bldg. E, Ste. 420
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Thomas Heath, D.C. - Member-At-Large
1013 Ritner Hwy.
Shippensberg, PA 17257
Scott Cuthbert, B.A., B.C.A.O., D.C. - Member-At-Large
255 W Abriendo Ave.
Pueblo, CO 81004
David Leaf, DC, DIBAK - Past Chair
159 Samoset St., Suite 4
Plymouth, MA 02360